Breakfast helps to combat childhood obesity and encourages healthy eating. In fact, children who don’t eat breakfast miss 25 percent of their daily nutrition. But for many families, breakfast gets squeezed out by the morning hustle and bustle.
Fortunately, flexible breakfast innovations are being embraced by students and teachers alike:
- Fuel Up on the Go – Bagged breakfasts for quick distribution
- Breakfast: Best at the Desk – In-class meal to start the day
- Breakfast: Better Late than Never – Meal served after first period
Regardless of the distribution style, the Fuel Up First! program:
- Ensures the highest levels of breakfast participation
- Reduces tardiness, nurse visits and absenteeism
- Can be flexibly scheduled during reading time, attendance, etc.
- Can present a learning event for teachers
- Is enjoyable and healthy for students
Contact your SUDIA program account manager to make your transition to Fuel Up First! a smooth one. We’ll work directly with you to help implement the right program for your district. Grants are available to support the program, and we’d like to see your district take full advantage of these valuable funding resources.