- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1.7 pounds)
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 box whole wheat pita chips
Pierce the sweet potato skin five or six times. Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 5-8 minutes or until potato is tender, rotating halfway through.
Remove flesh from sweet potato. Discard skin.
Combine sweet potato, chipotle pepper and salsa in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl and top with shredded cheese. Serve with whole-wheat pita chips.